Information for Artists interested in Exhibiting
The Art Show is held on weekend prior to the Easter School Holidays for Toowoomba Grammar School.
Aim to have a diverse range of art.
Invitations to Artists are emailed in late October
An email seeking Inventory (titles, prices, size & medium) is emailed to exhibiting artists in late January.
Art to arrive at Toowoomba Grammar School
- If freighted in, art must arrive by the Friday 7 days prior to the Art Show
- If delivering art in person, Wednesday morning prior to Art Show between 7:30am and 12MD
Opening Night is on the Friday 6:00pm – 10:00pm
The Art Show is open Saturday 10:00am – 5:00pm & Sunday 10:00am – 4:00pm.
Any unsold art is to be collected
- Sunday between 4:30pm and 6pm
- Couriers to pick up on Tuesday after art show (if freighted art)
General information about Grammar Art Show
- Over 250 artists and 800 paintings
- Art generally ranges from $40 – $15,000
- Since 2017, we have kept our art under $20,000 as it is rare that pieces over $20,000 sell
- Generally sell
- 250 – 360 pieces of art
- $150,000 – $200,000 of art
- Ranging from $40 – $10,000
- Wide range of genres
- Sell-out crowd of 600 every year to Opening Night
- About 2500 people attend over the weekend
25% commission is kept by TGS Art Show. The Artist sets the price of art, and we keep 25% of that.
First year exhibiting, an artist is generally offered an approx. space of 1m * 1m, within which one may exhibit one large painting or several small paintings. If successful, the space allocation may be increased for the next year. We find getting too many pieces from an artist in their first year at our Art Show, just does not seem to work for some reason.
Paintings need to be completed & ready to hang on the purchasers wall.
We do not judge art work, we simply aim to have a very diverse range of art exhibited so as to provide something of interest for the wide taste of the people that attend and would like to buy some art.
Therefore, when we bring in new artists, it is generally to increase the diversity of art offered and keep up with trends being sought after for decorating homes and workplaces.
We aim to promote the Art Show widely:-
- DL flyers 20,000 distributed
- E-flyers :- 15,000
- Facebook & Instagram – grammarARTshow
- Highlife (Dist 5000)
- Style magazine
- Local Newspapers, TV and Radio
If you would like to be considered for the Toowoomba Grammar School ART SHOW, please email:-
- Several images of your work to twgs[email protected]
- Including your postal address, email, mobile and phone number
For more information, please contact Rebecca Statton Ph: 0437 813 196 or E: [email protected]